We carry lots of burlap products at Creative Bag all year round but this year we added a few extra holiday products that have been very popular. I thought that I'd show you how I included some of our burlap products into my personal holiday decorating and gift wrapping projects.
Please note at this time of year, as holiday specific products sell out, items will be removed from our website.
1. I decorated four of the burlap stockings with lace ribbon, snowflake ornaments, baker's twine and wood letters to hang from the fireplace mantle in our family room.
2. Last year I gave you the directions to make these cookie mix gifts packaged in a four cup jar with a free recipe tag download. This year I created the cookie mix gift again but this time I used burlap to decorate the top of the jar and one of our chalkboard tags. Red ribbon and baker's twine make it easy to attach the burlap and tags to the jar.
3. We have a number of different burlap bag styles. I love to use these study bags all year long so the packaging in this project is like receiving an extra gift. You can decorate the burlap bags if you want or just leave them as is like I did above. I tied a satin ribbon to the bag handles and attached a kraft tag with baker's twine. I like to use tissue paper to hide the present inside and give the bag a little colour pop.
Note: I have started to stock a number of our bakery boxes and different colours of baker's twine in my pantry. I usually volunteer to make desserts for parties and family gatherings and these come in handy to package my baked goods. The bakery boxes are expensive and I don't have to worry about finding dishes or plastic containers at the end of the event to take home.
4. I added burlap ribbon to garland on another fireplace mantle in my home. It was easy to tuck the burlap ribbon into the garland and I love the way it looks at night with the lights shining through it. You can find my tutorial and free download for the "twenty thirteen" chalkboard bunting project here and here.
5. Our burlap bags with drawstrings come in many different sizes and shapes. I used a wide satin ribbon to decorate this one. For a final touch I add a snowflake ornament and a gift tag you can find here to download.
6. These mini burlap stockings are the perfect size to hold a gift card and a sweet treat. I added one of our mini chalkboard clip tags to the stocking as a decorative element and to hold a gift tag (not shown). If you add a magnet to the back of the chalkboard clip it can be used on the fridge later to display holiday cards.
Looking for more burlap products? We have burlap bunting, runners and more in stores and online. Looking for more burlap decorating and packaging inspiration? Check out and follow our burlap Pinterest board!